Researchers at the top of their fields, Rausser College faculty bring cutting-edge innovations to light, work with companies to create more sustainable industries and supply chains, inform state and national lawmakers, and more—all while teaching and mentoring our students, inspiring them to see the bigger picture and to make a better world.
Widely recognized and frequently lauded, they work collaboratively to tackle problems across a broad spectrum, from the application of CRISPR-based technology for the advancement of safe and sustainable agriculture to the design of California’s cap-and-trade climate policies.
Many members of our faculty are working with the Biden administration on issues relating to climate change, biodiversity, conservation, energy, and environmental justice. They are leading research labs that garner competitive funding from the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, the Schmidt Foundation, and the Chan-Zuckerberg Biohub. Their excellence in research, teaching, and outreach is why UC Berkeley ranks consistently in the top universities in Environment/Ecology, Plant and Animal Science, and Economics and Business by U.S. News & World Report.
Your gift can make a difference.
Whether it be through the creation of new endowed faculty chairs or support for individual labs, your generosity will allow us to continue to attract and retain these top researchers and educators.
Faculty honors and awards
- 3 faculty affiliated with the 2007 Nobel Prize for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- 2 MacArthur Fellows
- 4 American Academy of Arts and Sciences Fellows
- 32 American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellows
- 1 National Medal of Science Winner
- 19 National Academy of Science Members
- 3 Wolf Prizes
- 19 California Academy of Sciences Fellows
- 2 Volvo Environmental Prizes
* active and living emeriti